Spinach has many natural medicinal qualities.
Spinach is oily in nature, It can be used to remove stones from the body.
Spinach helps in removing infections from the lungs. It is also helpful in the disease of the intestines and chronic disorder of bowel movement.
Spinach is considered as the best energy giving vegetables after tomato.
It contains iron copper, which helps the patient suffering from jaundice. And helps in increasing blood and strengthens the bones.
Women usually suffer from iron deficiency, Spinach is recommended by women.
Iron is also a part of hemoglobin, which is very good source of supplying oxygen to other parts of the body.
Spinach has micro-organisms. Therefore it should be washed with hot water before cooking.
Avoid using spinach in rainy season. Spinach produces gas, and contains vitamin ‘A’, ‘C’, ‘E’, sodium, protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and chlorine.
Spinach contains an adequate amount of amino acids. The leaves contain essential nutrients, which are useful in the development of the human body.
Spinach has luten, which is very good for the eyes. One may be surprised about the fact that spinach contains luten in more quantity when compared to egg.
And it is also contain magnesium, acid and flour, and contains potassium, fiber and kerotinoid.
Uses of spinach.
- Spinach helps in controlling anemia.
- Constipation can be avoided with spinach.
- Consume spinach to overcome obesity, people take more spinach while dieting.
- Spinach is also useful in cancer.
- Flavonoids are available in spinach act as anti-oxidants.
- Spinach helps in improving the blood vessels.
- People suffering from diabetes should consume spinach.
- gargle with spinach juice in case of a burning sensation in the throat.
- People suffering from intestinal disease also should consume spinach.
- Spinach is very useful in breathing problems and phlegm related diseases.
- The extract of spinach seeds is thick. It is helpful in urine related problems.
- Spinach seeds produce cold. It is useful in jaundice and liver-related diseases.
- The tumor can be made to break open by applying a poultice made from spinach leaves.
- It is beneficial for diabetics also.
- Spinach activates the intestines, and also used as an anti-agent.
Few more important facts of spinach leaves.
Spinach- Spinach is full of nutrients and is a whole food. spinach is grown in India from ancient times.
And spinach is cultivated in many parts of America, Europe, and Asia. It can be grown in any type of soil except sandy soil.
Spinach plant is about 6 inches to one foot tall. Its stem is very soft.
The flowers are small and grow in bunches. The leaves are green in colour and very soft.
Spinach grows during the whole year. It contains 13 different types of flavonoids compounds because of which it contains anti-oxidants and anti-cancer agents.
Spinach protects from prostate cancer also. One may be aware of the fact of spinach and other green vegetables control 40% of our diseases.
Spinach is of different varieties. Curry is made from spinach leaves and spinach seeds.
It is sown a number of times in a year. The seeds are sprinkled and spinach is ready within three to four weeks. And available easily till March or April.
Spinach should always be consumed fresh. Avoid rotten spinach leaves.
It should be rinsed thoroughly twice or thrice. Avoid rinsing spinach after cutting.
Avoid storing wet spinach. store spinach in a plastic cover in fridge.
It can be mixed with other leafy vegetables and consumed, Mustard, spinach, and fenugreek make a very good curry. This curry can be consumed with rice or bread.