The eye is an essential organ among five sensory organs. Imagine a blind. The whole world is dark.
Without the help of somebody, he or she can’t move. We see the world is dark.
Without the help of somebody, he or she can’t move. We see the world through our eyes.
Polluted air, smoke, dust causes many defects. You are viewing TV continuously, reading without paring light.
Reading books novels continuously or continuous writing causes weakening of the eye muscles and thus affects the Vision.
Defects are many. The primary weaknesses of eyes are
- Myopia (short sight)
- Hypermetropia (long view)
- eye strain
- eye infection
- night blindness
- watering in the eye
- rings around the eye
- squint eye
- headache due to eyesore
Some Eyecare tips for beautiful and attractive eyes.
- Eyes of school-going children should be examined annually as also the eyes of adults.
- Sharp objects, fireworks, etc. should be carefully handled.
- Protective glasses should be worn while working in situations of heat, light, dust & smoke etc.
- Use protective glasses while riding two-wheelers.
- Avoid using another person’s soap, towel or handkerchief, etc.
- Do not use eye makeup.
- Don’t touch the eyes with dirty fingers, cloth, etc.
- If dust particles fall in the eye, splash with cold, clean water & consult your doctor.
- Avoid self-medication.
- Preferably read sitting and avoid reading lying down.
- Avoid reading in moving vehicles.
- While watching T. V., do so from a distance of 10 feet. Every 20 minutes or so rest the eyes, so also while reading.
- Avoid reading tiny print & read in bright light avoiding dim lights for reading.
Looking at distant objects, rest the eyes.
Home care is fresh green vegetables, carrot, cabbage, drumstick, beetroot, tomato, apple, papaya, mango, which are rich in Vitamin A should be consumed.
Breastfeeding of infants and sufficient vitamin A for others from fresh fruits and vegetables benefits the eyes.
Exercises that benefit the body benefit the eyes also.
However, here are few exercises that directly strengthen the muscles of the eye and lens: and circulation of blood to the eye.
The exercises if done faithfully not;- maintain healthy eyes and good Vision- but in many cases help in revoking Vision to the point where the uses of spectacles are not necessary.
Do not wear spectacles or contact lenses while doing these exercises daily reduces as far as:-
- Citable your dependency on spectacles.
- The exercises are done while standing with the arm/arms held straight n front of your, fist closed—thumb pointing upwards. Your thumb is on which your eyes concentrate for the exercise. Move the inch as directed. Keeping the head firm and moving the eyes only.
- Side to Side
- Up & down
- Bring the thumb close to the eyes and then extend back, do continuously.
- Place one thumb close to the eye, and the other one arm length away. Quickly shift your gaze from one to the other, repeat.
- Each exercise is done not less than eight to ten times, daily or on alternate days as prescribed.
Plenty of filtered and boiled water must be taken, about two to two and a half liter per day.
Since the eye is a very delicate organ, keep your eyes away from overheat, fire dazzling, light, dust and smoke.
Tea, coffee and smoking should be avoided. To keep eyes cool one should take oil bath once a week. Lukewarm water for oil bath is advised.
Eyes are one of the most critical organs in the human body, and Vision is one of the most beautiful gifts.
But often many people neglect the importance of Eyecare and do not pay proper attention to Eyecare.
- Dip a cotton pad in a cup of water overnight. Strain in this in the morning and add 1 cup of plain water to this.
- Splash the eyes with this water or wash them with the help of an eyecup.
- Dip a pad of cotton wool in rose water to which 2-3 drops of castor oil is mixed. Place these soaked pads on the eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Eye burns and other problems will be reduced.
- Splash the eyes with a weak n very litre solution, thoroughly strained and cooled for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a cotton pad dipped in a cold tea solution for an hour on the eyelids for 10 to 15 minutes and relax.
Eye health care.
Eyecare instructions for people using computers and computer professionals.
Spending long hours in front of the television, mobiles, or computers is a part of peoples life today.
Mainly you are a computer professional, and there is usually no escape from it.
This causer many eyes and Vision-related problems in the future, here are some useful eye care tips for computer users.
- After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times. It will help in better focusing.
- Blink It frequently people tend to reduce the blink rate while working on the computer. This can leads to dry eyes, try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
- Exercise your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple. All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and roll them in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- While doing this, inhale and exhale slowly and open your eyes slowly after doing this.
- Rub your palms against each other till they become warm. Cover your eye with your warm palms for about a minute.
- Palming is another way to relax and soothe your eyes.
- Splashing water on your face during breaks can keep you refreshed. It also helps in cooling your eyes.
- A few minutes of a walk during breaks will refresh your body and mind.
- It is also suitable for your eyes as walking increases blood supply to your eyes.
- Fix an anti-glare screen on to your monitor or use anti-glare glass while working on computers.
- Also, position the monitor and lights in such a manner that glare from the screen is minimum.